Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use this poppy seed filling for Hamantaschen. Source:The Art of Jewish Cooking by Jennie Grossinger, Bantam Books, Inc. Serving size is approximate.
- Grind poppy seeds in food processor or spice grinder.
- Combine with the milk and honey.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Stir in the lemon rind and raisins.
- Cool before filling the Hamantaschen dough.
This makes a lot! It's easy to make and the "leftovers" freeze well. I did not use it for Hamantaschen but instead I took croissant dough, rolled it out, made three squares, spread the filling, rolled the dough up and cut it into four buns per square.
They were delicious. The filling was right on spot from what I can remember that mohn should taste.
Thanks for posting.