Recipe by Rita~
Filling for Poppy Seed Rolls (Makowiec). Use in you favorite dough recipe or check mine out.
Top Review by Kitchen Witch Steph
It is hard to review something you have never had. I think I did this correctly. I had a big problem grinding the seeds in the blender after I scalded them. I just added the other ingredients and did the best I could. It smelled nice and tasted pretty good. I used it in your Recipe #88883. It was probably more runny than what I needed to get it rolled up in my dough. I really don't know. Honestly, more work than I would want it to be. If there had been a can of the filling within 50 miles I would have bought that. Anyway, I tried it. Glad I did. A true ZWT4 experience. Thanks!
- 3⁄4 lb poppy seed
- 1⁄2 lb sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald poppyseed in boiling water and strain in cheese cloth.
- Grind poppyseeds in a blender until smooth.
- Add sugar,honey,eggyolks, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, blending constantly.
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Fold in poppyseed mixture.
- Sprinkle with flour and mix well.