I made this up to use in Hamentashen. This made up enough to fill 30 cookies. I love it and could eat it with a spoon! Update: I have now used this in Hungarian Poppy Seed Cookies and found that the raisins made it hard to slice the roll into cookies. Next time I make those cookies, I will simply cut the raisins in half before making the filling. That should help the cutting process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pot, add all the ingredients.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down to low but still maintain a simmer.
- 3Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Take off heat and allow to cool.
- 5I store mine in a glass jar in the fridge. I have had mine last a week with good results.
- 6*Note:* I grind my poppy seeds up in my mortar and pestle a bit at a time. I didn't get them down to a fine powder or anything. I just broke them up a bunch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Filling
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.1
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 78.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g