Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this up to use in Hamentashen. This made up enough to fill 30 cookies. I love it and could eat it with a spoon! Update: I have now used this in Hungarian Poppy Seed Cookies and found that the raisins made it hard to slice the roll into cookies. Next time I make those cookies, I will simply cut the raisins in half before making the filling. That should help the cutting process.
- In a small pot, add all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down to low but still maintain a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat and allow to cool.
- I store mine in a glass jar in the fridge. I have had mine last a week with good results.
- *Note:* I grind my poppy seeds up in my mortar and pestle a bit at a time. I didn't get them down to a fine powder or anything. I just broke them up a bunch.