Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice low calorie dressing. Not too sweet not too tart and super easy - just right!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- Mix all ingredients in a tupperware bowl, seal and shake vigorously to mix. Refrigerate overnight to let the taste develop.
- It tastes great on a tossed salad of mixed greens with some sliced fresh fruit of your choice. Add walnuts or almonds for crunch and finely chopped vidalia onion for sparkle.
This tastes like the sweet-sour dressing from my favorite Amish restaurant. Now I don't have to go all the way to Indiana to enjoy it. I'll be making and enjoying this again. Made for PAC Fall '07.
This made a wonderful delicious dressing. This topped off a Romaine salad with mandarin oranges, fresh strawberries and sliced almonds. Made for *PAC September 2007*.