Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These gorgeous little cookies are called kisses, because they melt on your lips like a lover's kiss. The type of jam used can be varied according to your taste preferences, but a red type works best.
- 150 g marzipan
- 200 g flour
- 75 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 100 g cold butter
- 50 g ground poppy seeds
- 40 teaspoons red currant jam (or whatever type you choose)
- Cut the marzipane into small pieces. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar, salt, egg and poppy seeds and knead into a dough. Knead in the marzipane.
- Form dough into coils of 3 cm in diamter.Cut into slices about 2 cm thick and put onto a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Using your fingers, make a little hollow into each cookie and add in the jam.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
So easy to make, & wonderfully tasty little bites, too! I made them according to the recipe & used a red current jam, although I was a bit generous with the poppy seeds! These were just for the 2 of us, but I now have them scheduled for including on my finger food counter for one of my next monthly groups! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]