Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very tasty and fluffy (you could even say spongy) muffin topped with yummy crumbs... What more can you ask for?! :)
- 200 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 150 g butter, melted and slightly cooled again
- 50 g poppy seeds
- 150 g creme fraiche
- 75 -100 g flour
- In a big bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, butter, poppy seeds and crème fraiche. Using a mixer work into a smooth dough (will take about 2 minutes).
- Take 3-4 heaped tbs of the dough and place in a second bowl. Add as much of the additional flour as needed to make coarse crumbs (they shall be rather soft).
- Fill dough into prepared muffin pans and top with crumbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes.
I used blueberry jam to substitute eggs and sugar. They are totally awesome! Thank you for this treat on a sunny 1st of May.