I love these with cream cheese and jalapeno pepper jely!
Make and share this Poppy Seed Crackers recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl add flours, poppy seeds and cheese together-whisk.
- Whisk together oil and soy sauce and add to the flour mixture along with enough ice water to form a dough ball.
- Wrap and chill for around 30 minutes.
- On an oiled cookie sheet roll out dough to 0.125 inch thick and with a sharp knife cut into 2 inch squares.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
I cheated quite alot for this recipe, but I owe the end product to you regardless. Instead of whole-wheat flour I used buckwheat and instead of poppyseed I used amaranth grits as those were the best subsitutins I could find (the snow forced me to join the pantry challenge for a few days) and used Olive oil instead of vegetable oil (you see, I still used a veggie oil and wheat flour :)). The end result wasn't like a cracker really, but more like a pita skin. Regardless it is absolutely delicious! with some butter cream or garlic spread I can't imagine anything better