Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks and other ingredients.
- Mix well,cover bowl and chill at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls,place on greased cookie sheets and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
These were so easy to make. Great texture and they bake up so light. I will be making these to go on a cookie tray for the holidays as well as putting some in gift baskets. I got 36 cookies instead of 24. Great recipe!!!
These were fun and easy to make. I made a double batch right away. What a wonderful cookie to go with tea. I am thinking of making them for christmas too! Thanks!