Recipe by Squeaky104
This is a very old recipe that was given to my mother many years ago by a co-worker. They are addictively good !!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil or 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed (yes.. 1/2 CUP)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
in a separate bowl for dipping
- sugar, combined with
- cinnamon (or use premixed sugar or cinnamon, and set aside until needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients (except the cinnamon sugar mixture).
- Form into small balls (size of a large walnut).
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with botom of a glass (which has been dipped in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Re-dip after each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in 375 oven.