Recipe by Shar-on
This is a recipe from "Over 300 Delicious Ways to Use Your Bundt Pans". I have made several from this recipe book and this could be one of them. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar, then add the egg yolks, mixing well.
- Sift tog dry ingredients and add alternately with buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- Add poppy seeds and almond extract.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg white into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degF in a greased and floured 12 cup Bundt Pan for 60 minutes or till cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack or serving plate.
- Cool and top with a Lemon Glaze or sifted confectioner's sugar.