Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from "Over 300 Delicious Ways to Use Your Bundt Pans". I have made several from this recipe book and this could be one of them. Enjoy!
- Cream together butter and sugar, then add the egg yolks, mixing well.
- Sift tog dry ingredients and add alternately with buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- Add poppy seeds and almond extract.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg white into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degF in a greased and floured 12 cup Bundt Pan for 60 minutes or till cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack or serving plate.
- Cool and top with a Lemon Glaze or sifted confectioner's sugar.
Tasty. I used Splenda instead of sugar and lemon extract instead of almond. My cooking time was about 10 min. shorter too. Made a yummy breakfast! Thank you!
Sharon, I made this cake last night following the instructions perfectly, except (isn't there always an except? lol) I used vanilla instead of almond extract. I've never like the flavor of almond extract. Anyway, it turned out perfectly although I only baked it for 50 minutes. It was delicious and I'm having a piece right now with a cup of coffee. I posted a picture but I don't think the picture does it justice. Thanks for a lovely recipe. BTW, I'm also planning on trying your Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake. It looks delicious, too.