3 hrs 20 mins
These are the rolls I make for Thanksgiving, and they are always something we look forward to! This recipe originally comes from Williams-Sonoma / Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan combine the milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, and the sugar.
- 2Warm over low heat just until the butter melts.
- 3Transfer to a bowl and let cool to between 105- 115°F Sprinkle the yeast over the milk mixture and whisk in the yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Whisk again and then stir in the salt and the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- 5Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead it, incorporating 1 tablespoon more of the flour at a time as necessary, until it is smooth, elastic and no longer sticky; about 5 minutes.
- 6Coat a bowl with the oil, add the dough, turn to coat it with the oil, and cover with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel.
- 7Let rise in a warm place until doubled; about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Generously grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with unsalted butter.
- 9Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and flatten it into a round.
- 10Divide the round into 12 equal portions, and divide each of the 12 portions into thirds.
- 11Shape the pieces into balls and place 3 balls in each cup of the prepared pan.
- 12Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled; about 1 hour.
- 13Preheat the oven to 375°F Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg.
- 14Sprinkle the poppy seeds evenly over the rolls.
- 15Bake until the rolls are puffed and golden and the bottoms and sides are crisp; about 15 minutes.
- 16Remove from the pan immediately.
- 17Serve hot or warm.
- 19NOTES: The rolls can be baked 1 day in advance.
- 20Let cool completely, then wrap them airtight and store at room temperature.
- 21Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and rewarm in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy - Seed Cloverleaf Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 162.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g