Recipe by Audrey M
This can be made into a lowfat meal by using low fat soup and butter, skim milk and nonfat sour cream.You won't miss out in flavor but just the calories.
Top Review by ItalianMomof2
Wow, all I can say was this was fast easy and delicious..I will admit to tweaking it a tiny bit. I used 2 boxes of Long Grain Wild Rice a Roni (prepared according to directions on box) and spread that on bottom of pan, I poached my Chicken in Chicken broth with Marjoram,Thyme, Black Peppercorns and Rosemary, pulled into tiny pieces and then prepared it according to directions...except i used Butter and not Oleo, as it's all i had in house...this was a hit! My Dh, who is picky,and won't normally eat casserole anything, loved it and went back for more! Thank you so much for this recipe Audrey!
- 3 lbs cooked chicken, boneless and skinless
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken or cook in microwave until juices run clear.
- Prepare rice according to package directions but add bouillon to water.
- Place rice in bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange chicken pieces over rice.
- Blend soups, milk, sour cream and pepper in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with pouiltry seasoning and pour soup mixture over chicken and rice.
- Melt butter, add bread crumbs and poppy seeds.
- Sprinkle over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.