Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like it because its very easy, tasty, and delicious. My family and friends love it! Got it from a cookbook.
- Boil chicken til done (or use leftover chix);then cut up in cubes.
- In large bowl, mix together soup& sour cream; add chicken and mix well.
- Spread in rectangle baking dish.
- Crush up crackers in sleeve and toss well with melted butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Shake desired amount of poppyseeds over casserole.
- Bake@ 350*degrees till golden brown& bubbly.
One of my very favorite casseroles, soo good served over rice with broccoli! I was going to add the recipe but it was already here- Thanks for sharing!!!
This is one of my family's favorite meals. And is requested often by my kids. I grill the chicken breasts which helps make it easy and fewer pans to wash. I use cr of chicken soup. And add grated cheddar chz to the mix. The recipe I have always used calls for 1T of poppyseeds mixed in with the cracker crumbs. I serve this over brown rice. So yummy! Thanks for posting this. Now I'll always have it in my collection!
I've been making this for years and my boys and hubby love it! I usually add one can of chopped green chilies to the soup/cream mixture before adding the chicken. It adds flavor and moisture. I usually use at least 6 chicken breast filets, too. I don't have luck crushing the crackers in the sleeve - just use a plastic zipper bag.