1 hr 15 mins
My favorite meal! Can be made with all low (or reduced) fat ingredients, which is a plus. If you love white creamy sauces and chicken, then this recipe is a must! I got this recipe from my mom, and she usually mixes all the ingredients and gives this dish away for baby births, funerals, etc. since it can be frozen and baked later. Extremely tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 sleeve Ritz cracker, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1For Part 1: Pan-sear chicken, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in oil until chicken is fully cooked and onions are soft.
- 2Cube chicken into bite-size pieces.
- 3For Part 2: Mix sour cream, soup, and poppy seeds in a medium casserole dish until well blended and mixture is smooth.
- 4Add cooked chicken and onions (from part 1) into the mixture and mix well.
- 5Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- 6For Part 3: Melt butter (either on stove, or in microwave), and pour over crushed crackers. Mix until crackers are coated.
- 7After casserole (from part 2) has baked for 30-35 minutes, sprinkle cracker mixture evenly over the top.
- 8Continue baking for another 10-15 minutes.
- 9For Part 4: Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- 10Add couscous to broth and remove the pan from heat. Cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Use fork to fluff couscous.
- 11Lastly, after casserole and couscous are both done cooking, serve the casserole over couscous.
- 12**Excellent with asparagus or other green vegetables, or a salad for sides!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 562.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 18.1 g