Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My favorite meal! Can be made with all low (or reduced) fat ingredients, which is a plus. If you love white creamy sauces and chicken, then this recipe is a must! I got this recipe from my mom, and she usually mixes all the ingredients and gives this dish away for baby births, funerals, etc. since it can be frozen and baked later. Extremely tasty!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 sleeve Ritz cracker, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- For Part 1: Pan-sear chicken, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in oil until chicken is fully cooked and onions are soft.
- Cube chicken into bite-size pieces.
- For Part 2: Mix sour cream, soup, and poppy seeds in a medium casserole dish until well blended and mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked chicken and onions (from part 1) into the mixture and mix well.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- For Part 3: Melt butter (either on stove, or in microwave), and pour over crushed crackers. Mix until crackers are coated.
- After casserole (from part 2) has baked for 30-35 minutes, sprinkle cracker mixture evenly over the top.
- Continue baking for another 10-15 minutes.
- For Part 4: Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add couscous to broth and remove the pan from heat. Cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Use fork to fluff couscous.
- Lastly, after casserole and couscous are both done cooking, serve the casserole over couscous.
- **Excellent with asparagus or other green vegetables, or a salad for sides!