Recipe by diner524
My sister made this for her Superbowl party years ago and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. There are several recipes for this casserole, but the amounts are different from her recipe. This could be lightened up by using light or fat-free soup, sour cream. I serve this over wide egg noodles along with blueberry muffins and corn or a salad.
Top Review by charlotte
I love this recipe but I use uncooked chicken breast tenders instead of pre-cooking my chicken, which is so much easier. I bake as directed and it comes out perfectly delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 60 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in a pan and cover with water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender and no longer pink(about 10 minutes). Once cool enough cut into bite size pieces(I use my electric knife).
- Mix two cans of soup with sour cream in a 13X9 inch rectangular pan. Sprinkle the chicken over the soup mixture.
- Place Ritz crackers in a plastic bag and gently crush them. Add poppy seeds and shake to combine and then pour melted butter over the crackers and shake again. Sprinkle cracker mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until it begins to bubble around edges and the crackers are golden brown.