1/6 Photos of Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
My sister made this for her Superbowl party years ago and everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. There are several recipes for this casserole, but the amounts are different from her recipe. This could be lightened up by using light or fat-free soup, sour cream. I serve this over wide egg noodles along with blueberry muffins and corn or a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place chicken in a pan and cover with water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender and no longer pink(about 10 minutes). Once cool enough cut into bite size pieces(I use my electric knife).
- 3Mix two cans of soup with sour cream in a 13X9 inch rectangular pan. Sprinkle the chicken over the soup mixture.
- 4Place Ritz crackers in a plastic bag and gently crush them. Add poppy seeds and shake to combine and then pour melted butter over the crackers and shake again. Sprinkle cracker mixture over the chicken.
- 5Bake for 30-40 minutes until it begins to bubble around edges and the crackers are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.2
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.6 mg
- Sodium 1653.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 43.6 g