This is one of my favorite dishes that I grew up eating. Even though I am grown and married and live far from mom, I still request this dish every time I go home. This is a very easy dish to change to suit your tastes -- use cream of mushroom or cream of celery -- whatever you have on hand. I also sometimes add a can of sliced mushrooms, or broccoli, or cheese, corn, peas, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together soup and sour cream.
- 3Add chicken to soup mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 4Pour into 1 1/2 to 2 quart baking dish.
- 5Mix crushed Ritz crakers with the melted butter and poppyseeds and spread over the top of casserole.
- 6Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.8
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 208.0 mg
- Sodium 922.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 51.6 g