Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes that I grew up eating. Even though I am grown and married and live far from mom, I still request this dish every time I go home. This is a very easy dish to change to suit your tastes -- use cream of mushroom or cream of celery -- whatever you have on hand. I also sometimes add a can of sliced mushrooms, or broccoli, or cheese, corn, peas, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together soup and sour cream.
- Add chicken to soup mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into 1 1/2 to 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix crushed Ritz crakers with the melted butter and poppyseeds and spread over the top of casserole.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly.
This is the same recipe I have used for years. It is so satisfying and so simple to make..... one of my favorite comfort foods of all time! Very inexpensive to make. I like it best "as written"; no other finessing is necessary!
My hubby liked this dish so much, that it is our new "chicken pot pie." I add a bag of Steamfresh mixed veggies, and there you have it! We also make it as low fat as possible...fat free soup and sour cream and low fat Ritz crackers. It is good left over too!