1/1 Photo of Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Expat in Holland's Note:
I cannot remember for sure where this recipe came from, however it may have been a Southern Living Magazine. It is fast easy and always pleases the family. A nice do ahead meal that I have used for buffets or just having friends over for a quick get together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, place chicken breast. Cover with water until covered by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, and simmer low for 20minutes. Drain and cool.
- 2When chicken is cool, shred or cut chicken into small pieces.
- 3In a bowl combine green onions, soup, sour cream, sherry, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- 4In another bowl combine crushed crackers, poppy seeds and butter. Mix well.
- 5In a greased casserole dish, lay chicken in bottom layer. Next pour soup mixture over top as next layer. Top casserole with cracker mixture.
- 6Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- 7(For do ahead, assemble with all but cracker mixture. Top with cracker mixture before baking. May be made 24 hours in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temp before baking).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.6
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 212.5 mg
- Sodium 1032.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 50.1 g