Denise J's Note:
This is a variation on the popular, Weight Watchers cult-like recipe, Chicken Baseballs. I am told the basic recipe is 8 points per serving. Paired with a green salad, this makes a fantastic dinner. I tried this variation based on an old, but very high fat recipe that my family loved - This lighter recipe really tastes great, and the kids love it, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons light margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 8 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add cream cheese, margarine, salt, pepper, milk, and poppy seeds in small bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds and stir.
- 3Pour mixture over cooked, finely cubed chicken and stir.
- 4Divide chicken mixture into 4 portions.
- 5Separate dough into four rectangles, careful to seal perforations. Two triangles will make up each rectangle.
- 6Lay each rectangle over a pinch of the cracker crumbs to keep them from sticking to your work surface, then add 1/4 of the chicken into the middle of each, pull up the corners, then seal the edges to make a "baseball" shape. Then sprinkle a small amount of cracker crumbs over the entire area of the dough, and place seam side down on parchment lined cookie sheet, or an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Chicken Baseballs Weight Watchers Style
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 479.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls