Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes for a main dish- my mom used to make this when I was a kid. I pulled it recently from a family cookbook.
- Cut up chicken into very small pieces then boil. Be careful not to overcook-it will be cooked again in the casserole.
- Combine first four ingredients along with half of the poppy seeds- 1 tbs. If I have the extra time, I usually saute garlic and onion with olive oil and add that into the mixture to give it some extra flavor but it is just a personal preference.
- Pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Crush one full sleeve of Ritz crackers and combine with 2nd half of poppy seeds and stick of melted butter then sprinkle mixture as topping.
- Cook at 375 degrees in oven for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. *Chicken has already been boiled so be sure not to overcook the casserole or the chicken can get too tough.