Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another family favorite from my favorite cookbook. Gooseberry Patch
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 -5 dozen round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Mix together soups and sour cream.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine crackers, butter and poppyseeds.
- Layer chicken, soup mixture and crackers in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Made for KK's Kitchen Chef's Pick Tag. Made exactly per the recipe, but did not serve over noodles or rice since tonight I did not care to eat the carbs. As is w/o the carbs this made up into a very nice comfort food, and I will certainly be making it again and again might even have it with the carbs next time. Thank you Coffee for a really great meal.
Fantastic chicken casserole!!! I made this exactly as written except that I didn't have the cream of celery soup, so I used two cans of cream of chicken. I made the full amount but put it in two 8 X 8 inch pans and took one pan over to my DD's, as she moved yesterday into her new apartment. I served it over noodles along with blueberry muffins and corn. Just can't get enough of the buttery crackers on top!!! Made for Holiday Tag!!
This is an absolutely awesome chicken recipe! So creamy and buttery good!