Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great and easy chicken dish. It is a way to use up leftover chicken or turkey and it can be prepared beforehand. The cracker mixtures is what makes this dish so good. I have taken it to people for dinner several times and had lots of requests for the recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (turkey can be substituted for chicken)
- 1 (4 ounce) packet Ritz crackers
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Combine chicken with soup and sour cream in a bowl.
- In another bowl add crushed crackers and poppy seeds to melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Mix half of cracker mixture in chicken.
- Put in casserole dish.
- Spread remaining cracker mix on top.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cover for first 15 minutes and then uncover for last 15 minutes.
- (I like to double the crackers and butter).
This is a really delicious chicken dish! I added some chopped broccoli to make it more colorful. Peas would also be a good addition. Very easy to make, and good enough for company! Thanks Tiffanee.
Yummy! Great quick meal for the family. I roast bone-in chicken with the skin (drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper on skin prior to cooking) for 35 minutes at 425 degrees. This technique makes moist and tender chicken that I prefer in casseroles.
This was good, but very rich with the double butter & crackers that you said you use. I'll try it again without that. Good for freezing though.