Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mother-in-law's recipe and it is a family favorite!!
Make and share this Poppy Seed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cutlets
- 1 (24 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (family Size)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 cups Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut up and cook chicken.
- Add soup, sour cream and poppy seeds to chicken and mix well.
- Spead mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with crackers and butter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This was pretty good. It was nice and creamy, and I liked the addition of the cracker crumbs on top. I wasn't entirely sure what to do with those and the butter, so I sprinkled crushed crackers on top of the chicken mixture (I only used about 1 1/3 cup) and then drizzled that with the butter.