1/2 Photos of Poppy Seed Cherry Raisin Pinwheels
When I tried to make a recipe for cherry poppy seed pinwheels I messed it up by incorporating the cherries (which were supposed to go into the filling) into the dough. But it didnt do the pastry and harm and born were these tasty bites. I think they taste great and also are a great twist on your traditional cinnamon raisin pinwheels. I hope you like them as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g low-fat Quark (firm yoghurt or cream cheese works as well)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 100 g cherries (I use the ones out of the jar)
- 100 g raisins
- 15 g vanilla sugar (or sugar plus ground vanilla)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1For the dough mix flour and baking powder and combine with the remaining ingredients to form a smooth dough.
- 2On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- 3For the filling combine all the ingredients reserving 1 tbs of sugar.
- 4Spread dough with filling and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs of sugar.
- 5Roll up dough like a jelly roll starting at the long side. Cut into 12 slices.
- 6Place on a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Cherry Raisin Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: