Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I tried to make a recipe for cherry poppy seed pinwheels I messed it up by incorporating the cherries (which were supposed to go into the filling) into the dough. But it didnt do the pastry and harm and born were these tasty bites. I think they taste great and also are a great twist on your traditional cinnamon raisin pinwheels. I hope you like them as well!
- 250 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g low-fat Quark (firm yoghurt or cream cheese works as well)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 100 g cherries (I use the ones out of the jar)
- 100 g raisins
- 15 g vanilla sugar (or sugar plus ground vanilla)
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon creamy honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the dough mix flour and baking powder and combine with the remaining ingredients to form a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- For the filling combine all the ingredients reserving 1 tbs of sugar.
- Spread dough with filling and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs of sugar.
- Roll up dough like a jelly roll starting at the long side. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place on a paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-30 minutes.
This is one of 4 recipes I'm making for the chef who adopted me in the current PAC! We really enjoyed the combo of the 3 title ingredients ~ OUTSTANDING TASTE, & these pinwheels were surprisingly easy to make! They were also devoured in no time at all! Thanks for a great recipe keeper!