Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an excellent winter or special occasion cake. It is rich in flavor and texture.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can poppy seed filling
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Add the poppyseed filling and milk.
- Mix completely.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan for 1 hour 10 minutes at 350*.