Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an elegant, one-step dessert which is easy to whip up the night before the meal.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Mix all ingredients and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 small loaf pans or into 1 bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done (top will split).
- Cool 5-8 minutes before removing from pan.
Very nice recipe! I was a little nervous for a while because the batter is really liquidy, but it turned out fine. I used a Bundt pan that I coated with cooking spray. It was done in 50-55 minutes. I think it has more of a consistancy of a muffin than cake and you can taste just a hint of the almond and its not too sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea!! Thanks for this one!
so delicious, but i made so many changes that I posted a variation on this recipe (i gave you the credit you deserve, however) very very good and a perfect start to hungarian day!