Recipe by busygirl
I clipped this from a local paper years ago. This recipe was given out from a bakery a few hours away. The flavor is great with unbelievable moistness. I have "played" around with this for years swapping out diffrent cake mixs and liqueurs. Go ahead try it for yourself.
- 3 cups white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 9 inch cake pans or 1 tube/bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil, pudding, and water. Blend on low speed until moistened.
- Then add Almond extract, both Cream Sherrys and Poppy Seeds, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake immediatley.
- 2 9inch cakes take 25-30 minutes, tube or bundt 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack and then remove.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting or just a plain powdered sugar glaze.
- Note: An 18.25 oz pkg. cake mix has 4 cups of mix. We suggest with the left over cup of mix you dust your cake pans or make a struesel topping. (For another dessert).