Best poppy seed cake in my opinion. From my church cookbook.
Make and share this Poppy Seed Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄8 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (I have used lemon juice and worked fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Mix and blend all ingredients 2 minutes.
- Bake in a greased & floured bundt pan or 2 large loaf pans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 325°F (Chef Note: I discovered it took somewhat longer to bake. Guess it depends on oven.).
- For Glaze: In small saucepan over medium heat, stir glaze ingredients together until sugar is melted. Pour over cake.