Recipe by ShezzaDezza
This cake is quick and easy to make. You can soak the poppy seeds for as long as you like! It is very light and fluffy to eat. I have also included an English to American flour translation guide at the bottom. Cheers :>)
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- 3⁄4 cup milk (rice milk works too)
- 185 g margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour (self rising)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 14cm x 21cm loaf pan or an equivalent spring form round cake pan.
- Combine poppy seeds and milk in medium bowl. Stand for 1 hour.
- Add butter, essence, sugar, eggs and sifted flour to poppy seed mixture.
- Beat on low speed with electric mixer until combined. Then beat mix on medium speed for about three minutes (until a pale colour).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (180C) for approximately 1 hour (Until middle is cooked).
- Stand for five minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
- (English to American flour translations).
- Cake & pastry flour = soft flour
- All-purpose flour = plain flour
- Bread flour = strong flour, hard flour
- Self-rising flour = self-raising flour
- Whole-wheat flour = wholemeal flour.