Recipe by Courtly
I was looking through the poppy seed breads and cakes on this site and i was sooooooo suprised that my moms recipe for it wasnt already on here, posted by someone else... so here it is! its so good!! my mom used to make it all the time for us kids when we were little... mmmmmm i can almost taste them now!!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to the first mixture, mixing until combined.
- Then add the poppy seeds,stir the batter to evenly distribute poppy seeds.
- Bake either in 2 greased loaf pans, or a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack.