Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a variation on a honey sesame bread recipe that I have. Since I ran out of sesame seeds and had a lot of poppy seeds in the kitchen, I made a substitution that turned out quite good. The amount of poppy seeds in the recipe actually create a bit of a crunch when you eat this bun. It's good with just a little butter.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- cooking spray
- Use a bread machine to mix the first 8 ingredients (all except for the caraway seeds and oil spray).
- At the beep, add the caraway seeds.
- When the dough cycle is complete, divide the dough into 8 to 12 pieces, depending on how big you want the buns to be.
- Spray a little oil over the buns and let them rise for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325 F for 45 minutes.
- Let cool.