- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup baking powder, plus
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients; mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to six months.
- To prepare one loaf: In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, milk, vanilla, and oil.
- Add 4 cups bread mix; stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9" X 5" X 3" pan.
- Bake@ 350 F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.