Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a cookbook that the church I grew up in put together. It is my favorite of the sweet or dessert type breads.
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Beat Eggs and Sugar.
- Add remaining bread ingredients and beat for 2 minutes.
- Bake in 2 loaf pans or a bunt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Mix glaze ingredients together till smooth.
- Poke holes in bread while hot and pour glaze over it.
I would classify this recipe as more of a poundcake rather than a bread. It is wonderful! I served it with fresh sliced strawberries to top it off and it was beautiful as well! Thanks for sharing, Mysterygirl!