Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
We love to make this bread alot. My kids really like to help make it as well.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄8 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- Mix together all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes; pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
This is my all time favorite recipe for bread. Everyone requests I make this. Moist and flavorful Great sliced and spread with softened, salted butter. Makes 4 small or 2 regular size loafs. Yum!!
A great recipe. It even turned my skeptical, non-poppy-seed-lovin' husband into a fan. My kids devour this!
Turned my skeptical, non-poppy seed fan husband into a believer. My family all loves this recipe. A keeper!