Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can make orange biscotti by substituting the lemon zest and extract with orange.
Make and share this Poppy Seed Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemons, zest of or 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the next three ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet, adding more milk if necessary.
- Divide dough into two, form each half into a log, and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes; Let cool slightly, and cut into 1/2 inch slices (Make a diagonal cut if you want to have long biscotti).
- Bake slices for 10 minutes.
Crunchiness and sweetness were perfect. The batter was easy to work with, not real sticky like some of them. Excellent biscotti. Thank you, najwa!
This is my first try at making biscotti. This recipe is both easy to make and yummy! Thanks for sharing it.