- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemons, zest of or 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the next three ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet, adding more milk if necessary.
- Divide dough into two, form each half into a log, and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes; Let cool slightly, and cut into 1/2 inch slices (Make a diagonal cut if you want to have long biscotti).
- Bake slices for 10 minutes.