Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was something original I came up with that suits shrimps and prawns well. It has a slightly tart flavor suited to anyone who is not a sweet tooth, it has an interesting and quite powerful flavour.
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar (or other dark vinegar)
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and transfer to a dipping dish.
- Serve with boiled or grilled shrimps or prawns.
I was looking for a sauce to go with my prawns today! This recipe is unusually delicious!<br/>Thanks Peter J for inspiring me! I added some ground pimenton as initially I thought was curry; then added the curry and did not affect the great taste! A keeper for me!
Delicious! Easy, but such sophisticated flavors!
WOW this was terrific. I am enjoying it for lunch today with Andi of LMF's amazing Yes, You Can.......microwave and Steam Shrimp - Longmeadow Farm, and think i will go make more shrimp to eat more sauce :)