Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe from Kraft. The family love these served with soup, just a little different to the normal bread served with soup.
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Prehreat oven to 200c.
- Sprinkle one sheet of filo pastry with cheese and parsley, top with a second sheet of filo, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Cut the pastry into 4, roll up tightly ( just like a Swiss roll) and Repeat with remaining pastry sheets.
- Brush rolls with a little oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake on a lightly floured oven tray at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- These are great served hot with soup.
i used italian seasoning because i had no parsley and just added the poppy seeds to the mix for simplicity. these are easy and tasty. good way to use up extra phyllo
Good and a nice change of pace from your standard breadstick. Made for the Aussie/NZ RS#33