Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a little twist on everyone's favorite, puppy chow. I found it at www.popcorn.org. Make sure that you use a half a stick and not a whole one...The cooling time is not included in the recipe times.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Sprinkle Confectioner’s sugar over popcorn and stir until coated.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store in airtight container, refrigerated, up to 24 hours.
My mom comes to town visit me some & we have slumber parties just like when I was a kid. We decided to make this one night after we had rented a ton of movies. It is great, definitely a "can't put it down" type of snack! The only reason I didn't give it more stars is because it does go stale pretty quickly. I don't mind stale popcorn, and neither did mom, but others that make this may want to know that!