Prep 12 mins
Cook 22 mins
Also known as "Chicken Almondine", the late, great Poppy Cannon had not the slightest thing to do with this particular recipe except that it commemorates her notable cooking philosophy: fast, easy and tastes just super. This is a way of using "convenient ingredients" to yield a great and impressive dish -- but you don't have to tell your family how easy it was -- Enjoy, folks!
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (e.g., chablis, pinot grigio, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix (dry mix in packet - 1 packet)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated (garnish) (optional)
- Blend wine, olive oil and dressing mix in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the dressing blend over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 8 minutes total, browning it on both sides.
- Add in the remaining dressing blend, scallions and almonds and simmer for 4 more minutes, stirring carefully.
- Serve over cooked fettucine if desired and garnish with grated Romano if desired.