Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- In a skillet brown the ground beef and then drain off the excess fat.
- Add the bbq sauce, onion and brown sugar and set aside.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 12 pieces and place one in each of 12 ungreased muffin cups, pressing the dough up the sides to the edge of the cup.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups and sprinkle with the shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Use 1 13-oz can of chili beans in place of the meat mixture (or 1 13-oz can of baked beans, and frankfurters or hot dogs that have been cut into pieces) in place of the meat mixture.
- You can also add green bell pepper or a hot pepper to the above recipe with good results.
I've made this several times. Everyone loved them, adults and kids, and they're easy. I followed the directions exactly - the biscuits puff up in the oven - except I used more cheese - Kraft extra sharp Cracker Barrel Cheddar - because I love cheese. I like the meat mixture as it's written, but if it seems too sweet, you could cut back on the brown sugar. A platter of these little babies makes a nice addition to a Sunday brunch.
This was ok - easy to make and quick, less than 20 minutes. A mild flavor.. the adults werent crazy about it but the kids loved it. I suggest either using thick biscuits or 2 rolls as one roll was pretty thin.