Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Brown Sugar, Cherries, Prepared Mustard, Chicken Thighs
- 10 ounces A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 lb chicken thigh
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries, in syrup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, per thigh
- 1 pinch black pepper, per thigh
- Wash thighs twice, draining each time and place in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, half of the A-1, and half the mustard to thighs and mix with clean hands.
- Heat cast iron frying pan with olive oil to frying temperature.
- Add thighs and begin saute of one side.
- Puree cherries in syrup and add to bowl used to previously coat thighs along with remaining ingredients mixing everything together.
- After cooking thighs for 7-10 in pan, flip them over, baste or pour contents of bowl over thighs and place pan in oven preheated to 375 degrees.
- Begin checking center of thighs after 8 minutes in oven, should take 8-15 minutes to cook.