Recipe by Stacky5
This recipe was a finalist in the 1999 National Beef Cookoff. Start the 'fireworks' early on the Fourth of July with these tasty burgers! Recipe courtesy of CooksRecipes.com.
Top Review by Brandess
I made this recipe exactly as written with no deviations. This is an excellent hamburger and very unusual. I cannot say that I would change anything in the recipe next time except for the con queso I would switch out with pepper jack cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 4 frozen cream cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup prepared chile con queso
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef and 1/4 cup salsa in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions and lightly flatten into thin patties.
- Place one stuffed pepper in center of each patty. Wrap the beef around the pepper to enclose, sealing seams and forming a ball. Flatten balls into patties about 4 to 5-inches across and 1-inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium ash-covered coals. Grill covered, 15 to 16 minutes to 165°F internal temperature, turning occasionally.
- Spread 1 tablespoon chile con queso evenly over top of each burger. Sprinkle with tomato and olives and serve on hamburger buns with additional salsa as desired.