Recipe by marna
This is a good sweet bread type of popover developed from a lot of trial and error to copy one from a hospital years ago!! We make them almost every weekend, very quick to make due to no heat up time for oven!!
Top Review by luvinmykids
this was both my first attempt at making popovers and eating them. These were okay. I wasn't fond of the eggy taste as I thought I would be. Picky 3-year-old ate half of one - which is great for her considering she doesn't usually try something new. Thanks for posting, but I don't think I'll be making these any more.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 4 cup measuring bowl in microwave.
- Then add eggs, vanilla and milk, beat with whisk until just combined.
- Add flour, sugar and salt all at once, beat until combined, but may still have a few lumps.
- Generously spray butter flavor Pam on a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Pour mixture into muffin pan, each about 1/2 full.
- Place into COLD oven on bottom rack, remove other rack to allow for popping!
- Set oven to 425 degrees and bake for 20 min, turn off oven, open and close door for a quick cool off, then allow to set for about 5 more minutes in the off oven.
- They will be soft on the inside, brown on the outside.
- Enjoy with lots of honey!