Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kids love these.
- sunflower oil (for brushing)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 12 ounces ground lean pork
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush a deep muffin pan with a small amount of oil.
- (I find the mixture is enough for about 10 popovers) Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the egg white and milk and gradually beat in the flour.
- Gradually add the water, beating until smooth and bubbly.
- Place the pork mince, celery, oats, chives, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
- Mould the mixture into 10 small balls and place in the patty tins.
- Cook for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and quickly pour the batter into the tins.
- (Dont allow tin to cool at this point or popovers wont rise) Cook for 20-25 minutes more, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Nice served with a thin gravy.
What a delinquent I've been. It's been almost two weeks since I made these and they were so good AND EASY! I increased the recipe by half because I wasn't sure if I would have more than 4 of us eating them or not. I ended up with 5 of us, so had a few left over. Everyone loved them and I sent the extras home with a friend who showed up while we were eating. She warmed them in the microwave the following day for lunch and reported back to me that she and her DH had loved them! Thank you for sharing this recipe Eve!!!