Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Let the kids watch through the window of the oven as the batter rises to it's voluminous height. Serve immediately; it will deflate quickly.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place rack of the oven in the lower third of it and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put butter in a 9x13 baking dish and place in oven until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and water.
- Add dry milk, flour,syrup and salt.
- Whisk vigorously until well blended; batter will be lumpy.
- Pour batter into hot butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- If you want sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Then cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.
Was attracted to this by the name alone and decided to give it a try, only change cutting it in half for the two of us. Went together so easy, and tasted wonderful, just the right amount of sweetness, and the timing was perfect for us. Great idea to have a pancake you can slice and serve to everyone at the same time. My only problem is it didn't rise as I thought it should so didn't get that elegant look , but I could have done something wrong so will have to try it again - but didn't matter as the taste was there. Served with butter, warm maple syrup and fresh hot coffee
This recipe took quite a bit of extra time - an extra 10 minutes and I had to put some foil over the top to stop it burning. Tastes good though.