1/2 Photos of Popover Egg Pies
These wee egg pies puff up like muffins when baking. They are delicious warm or at room temp and are the perfect size for eating out of your hand. I made these for Easter breakfast and they were loved by all. I used mini potatoes thinly sliced. The recipe says it make 4 servings....but I got 6 out of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Generously brush 4-6 muffins cups with oil OR spray with non stick spray.
- 2Whisk eggs with tarragon and salt.
- 3Pour a little into each muffin cup.
- 4Divide potatoes, peas, and cheese among the cups, then pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- 5Cups will be very full.
- 6Bake in preheated 300 degree oven until eggs are very puffy and set when pan is jiggled -- about 30-35 minutes.
- 7Let stand 5 minutes, then run a knife around inside of each popover and using a spoon, scoop out.
- 8***Note*** I found that if you use a non stick spray -- they just "pop" out.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popover Egg Pies
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 264.3 mg
- Sodium 141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: