Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These wee egg pies puff up like muffins when baking. They are delicious warm or at room temp and are the perfect size for eating out of your hand. I made these for Easter breakfast and they were loved by all. I used mini potatoes thinly sliced. The recipe says it make 4 servings....but I got 6 out of it.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 small baby potatoes, boiled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- Generously brush 4-6 muffins cups with oil OR spray with non stick spray.
- Whisk eggs with tarragon and salt.
- Pour a little into each muffin cup.
- Divide potatoes, peas, and cheese among the cups, then pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- Cups will be very full.
- Bake in preheated 300 degree oven until eggs are very puffy and set when pan is jiggled -- about 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then run a knife around inside of each popover and using a spoon, scoop out.
- ***Note*** I found that if you use a non stick spray -- they just "pop" out.
These were wonderful. I was a bit worried about the goat cheese (only because I'm not really a big fan of goat cheese). But it really worked in this recipe, which it paired quite well with the lovely taste of the tarragon. We really enjoyed these, and I will make them again.