Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to the chicken at Popeye's Fried Chicken. The coating mixture works for any combination of chicken pieces. Adjust the cayenne pepper if you like it hotter.
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml baking mix (recommend Bisquick or Krustez)
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml creole seasoning
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (use only if creole seasoning has no salt)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks, thawed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Pour the vegetable oil over bottom of 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Combine the baking mix and the seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour into a large paper bag.
- Add the thawed chicken drumsticks, a few at a time, to the bag and shake to coat. Arrange on the baking pan in a single layer. If you don't have a pan large enough, divide the chicken pieces and the oil between two pans.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over. Bake for another 15 minutes, until juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.