Recipe by Member #610488
Similar to the chicken at Popeye's Fried Chicken. The coating mixture works for any combination of chicken pieces. Adjust the cayenne pepper if you like it hotter.
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml baking mix (recommend Bisquick or Krustez)
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml creole seasoning
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (use only if creole seasoning has no salt)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Pour the vegetable oil over bottom of 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Combine the baking mix and the seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour into a large paper bag.
- Add the thawed chicken drumsticks, a few at a time, to the bag and shake to coat. Arrange on the baking pan in a single layer. If you don't have a pan large enough, divide the chicken pieces and the oil between two pans.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over. Bake for another 15 minutes, until juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.