Member #610488's Note:
Similar to the chicken at Popeye's Fried Chicken. The coating mixture works for any combination of chicken pieces. Adjust the cayenne pepper if you like it hotter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup baking mix (recommend Bisquick or Krustez)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (use only if creole seasoning has no salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 chicken drumsticks, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Pour the vegetable oil over bottom of 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- 2Combine the baking mix and the seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour into a large paper bag.
- 3Add the thawed chicken drumsticks, a few at a time, to the bag and shake to coat. Arrange on the baking pan in a single layer. If you don't have a pan large enough, divide the chicken pieces and the oil between two pans.
- 4Bake chicken for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over. Bake for another 15 minutes, until juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popeye's Style Oven Fried Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.6
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 148.1 mg
- Sodium 314.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: